Citymarketing focused on tourism development.
Gondar is a town in Ethiopia that attracts tourists but where the need for growing and sustainable tourism is present. The need has arisen for Gondar to position itself as a tourist destination by (re)discovering, positioning and developing attractions and facilities needed to bind tourists for several days to the city and its surroundings.
We sent in marketing & communicatie expert Harry Bijl, who advised on how to join forces and improve promotionand marketing. He helped implementing a widley supported Task Force that started six Development programmes:
- Awarness and Training programme
- Promotion and Marketing Programma
- Tourism Resource Identification, Mobilization and Promotion Programme
- Tourism Infrastructure Identification and Development Programma
- Tourism Resource and Environment Conservation & Management Programme
- Tourism Resource Demand, extra activities and Institutional Arrangement and Development Programm
Client: “ Now we have the blue print how to organize ourselves and develop our service quality and maximize our business by putting different long and short term business plans.”